The way data and referential metadata are presented in a Product.
A Product has one or more Presentations, which present data and referential metadata from Information Sets. A Presentation is defined by an Output Specification.
Presentation can be in different forms; e.g. tables, graphs, structured data files.
- A table of data. Based on a Data Set, the related Data Structure is used to label the column and row headings for the table. The Data Set is used to populate the cells in the table. Reference metadata is used to populate footnotes and cell notes on the table. Confidentiality rules are applied to the Data Set to suppress any disclosive cells.
- A data file based on a standard (e.g. SDMX).
- A PDF document describing a Classification.
- Any structural metadata object expressed in a standard format (e.g. DDI 3.1 XML).
- A list of Products or services (e.g. a product catalogue or a web services description language (WSDL) file).
- A web page containing Classifications, descriptions of Variables, etc.