By Director General of
the Department of Statistics under
the Government of the Republic of Lithuania
No DĮ – 218 of 23 October 2007
THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ORDER OF ORGANIZATION OF COMPETENCES APPRAISAL OF THE OFFICIALS AND THE EMPLYEES, WORKING UNDER THE EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS, AT THE FUNCTIONAL UNITS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS UNDER THE GOVERNMENT REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The description (hereinafter referred to as the description) of the order of organization of competences appraisal (hereinafter referred to as the appraisal) of the officials and the employees, working under the employment contracts, (hereinafter referred to as the employees) at the functional units of the Department of Statistics under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania regulates the organization of the appraisal: preparation, execution, systematization and presentation of the results.
2. Competences appraisal shall be executed in September, once in two years.
II. THE GOAL OF THE APPRAISAL
3. The appraisal shall be aimed to determine the compliance of the available competences of the employees, necessary for the performance of the assigned functions and to name the order of employees’ substitution.
III. ORGANIZATION OF THE APPRAISAL
4. The Division of Personnel shall organize the appraisal.
5. The functional units of the Department of Statistics shall participate in the appraisal upon the approved list (Annex 1).
6. The direct leaders of the employees (Heads of the units and subdivision) together with the employees shall fill in the questionnaire of the analysis (Annex 2). The leaders of the units shall fill in their questionnaire of the appraisal by themselves and coordinate with the supervising executive – Director General or Deputy Director General.
7. The questionnaires of the appraisal shall be filled in till 30 October of the respective year and shall be presented to the Division of Personnel at least on 31 October.
IV. STRUCTURE OF QUESTIONNAIRE AND THE PROCESS OF THE APPRAISAL
8. The questionnaire of competences appraisal shall be used for the execution of the appraisal, consisting of the parts of competences appraisal and substitution (hereinafter referred to as the questionnaire).
9. Filling in the part of competences appraisal, first of all the priority of competences shall be determined:
1st priority – competence is needed permanently;
2nd priority – competence is needed often;
3rd priority – competence is needed seldom;
4th priority – competence is not needed.
10. Correspondence of the available and the needed competences shall be assessed by the scores from 1 till 4:
1 – not competent;
2 – slightly competent;
3 – partly competent;
4 – competent.
11. If the 4 th priority of the competence is determined, the competence shall not be assessed in scores.
12. The in part of substitution the officials and the employs should be named, which could substitute the employee, if the latter is not able to perform the functions.
13. The employee and his direct leader shall sign the filled in questionnaire.
V. SUMMING UP AND PRESENTATION OF THE RESULTS OF THE APPRAISAL
14. The Division of Personnel shall analyze and sum up the results of the appraisal.
15. The results of the aappraisal shall include the assessment of the available and the needed competences, the determination of the status of substitution of employees.
16. The results of the analysis shall be presented to the leadership within one month after the research is finished.
17. The results of the analysis shall be used for the identification of the needs of training and personal development.
18. The results of the appraisal cannot be used for the activity assessment.
VI. FINAL PROVISIONS
19. The generalized results of all the appraisals of all the functional units shall be available on the Internet website of the Department of Statistics and shall be accessible for all the employees. The individual results of the appraisal of the functional units shall be accessible for the leadership and personally for the executive of each unit.