|1. Introduction (Statistics Netherlands)||Statistics Netherlands||3. Statistical Metadata in each phase of the Statistical Business Process (Statistics Netherlands)|
2.1 Statistical information model
2.2 Adoption of GSIM
2.3 Statistical business process model
The BA principles:
- A strict distinction is made between the data that are actually processed and the metadata that describe
the definitions, the quality and the process activities
- No regular production takes place without controlling metadata (process model and rules)
- During the design of the statistical process, the benefits of re-use are exploited to the maximum degree,
both within and outside Statistics Netherlands
- The metadata (of steady states) are generally accessible and are standardised as much as possible
- The production of statistics is output-driven
- Observational inputdata are stored as observed (in the inputbase). Publishable outputdata are stored as
published (in the outputbase).
- Steady states are traceable
- Steady states are explicitly designed for re-use.
- Versions of steady states are mutually related
- A distinction is made between the statistical production process
and the management of the statistical production process.
2.4 Relation to other models