Statistics Canada kindly offered to host the 2017 UNECE Data Collection Workshop. It will be held from 10 to 12 October in Ottawa, Canada.
The objective of this workshop is to identify innovative ways and best practices in statistical data collection, and to provide a platform for practitioners to exchange experiences and foster collaboration in this area. In addition to the more traditional presentations, the agenda of the workshop will include target-driven small group discussions to identify best practices and new opportunities. The target audience for the workshop includes senior and middle-level managers responsible for data collection activities and new data sources, across all statistical domains from Statistical Offices and other agendies from national and international statistical systems.
The programme of the workshop will consist of the following substantive topics:
- Modernisation of data collection management and integration of data collection infrastructures and technologies;
- Use of new technologies, skills and mind-set for data collection;
- Alternative sources and ways of data collection to reduce survey burden;
- Communication with respondents; and
- Data collection by collaboration and coproduction.