• The UIS has made improving data quality a major component of its current work programme, and systematically measures and reports on a key set of indicators aimed to assess the quality of its survey activities and the content of the international statistical database. In particular, the UIS Quality Monitoring and Reporting Framework aligns UIS strategic objectives to improve the timeliness and completeness of its data with a key set of performance indicators.
• The Insitute is working to improve the efficiency of its data collection and dissemination through the introduction on new statistical tools which support these processes more closely.
Priority objectives beyond 2013
• Improve the relevance of the current quality reports for all UIS surveys;
• Improve the transparency of UIS data collection, processing and dissemination;
• Improve statistical systems.