Measuring Information Society
Ongoing methodological work
• Validation and recalibration of core indicators on: the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education; and cross-nationally comparable media statistics.
Priority objectives beyond 2013
• Establish two regular surveys on media statistics and the use of ICT in education.
• Joint activities with Asian partners for a regional data collection on ICT in education practices.
New work to be undertaken in 2013
• Analyse and publish regional data on ICT integration in education in Asia.
• Implement regional survey on ICT in education in francophone African countries.
Meetings to be organized in 2013
• Training workshop for national statisticians and policymakers in francophone Africa on ICT in education indicators.