The Institute's current work programme includes:
• Collect, disseminate and analyse selected cultural data via global surveys.
• Develop new methodologies and standards to support countries in the production of cultural statistics.
• Reinforce national capacities in cultural statistics through the provision of technical support and training.
Ongoing methodological work:
• Production of a new handbook concerning the implementation of the 2009 Framework for Cultural Statistics.
• Formulate recommendations for the improvement of the cultural component of international classifications.
• Methodological work on the measurement of the economic contribution of culture.
Priority objectives beyond 2013
• Improve the coverage and the quality of cross-nationally comparable cinema data collected through biennial surveys.
• Implementation of a global survey of cultural employment statistics.
• Ongoing capacity-building activities to improve the production and use of cultural statistics.
New work to be undertaken in 2013
• Publication of an analytical report of global statistics on feature film sector.
• Pilot new cultural employment survey.
• Production of a short analytical report analysing selected cultural employment data and indicators.
• Continued provision of technical assistance and training to selected countries.
• Release handbook on festival statistics.
• Ongoing methodological work to measure the economic contribution of culture.
Meetings to be organized in 2013
• Regional training workshop for South and West Asia.