4.3 Data sources (Wiesbaden Group)
4.3.2 Business and agricultural censuses and registers (Wiesbaden Group)
Ongoing methodological work
• The 23rd meeting of the Wiesbaden Group on Business Registers took place on September 17 – 20 in Washington, D.C., hosted jointly by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics and the United States Census Bureau. The meeting gathered 98 participants from 43 delegations and was organized in eight sessions. All progress reports and information about the meeting can be found on the Wiesbaden Website website: http://www.census.gov/epcd/wiesbaden/. The reports and other information are under the Conference Agenda tab on the left hand navigation bar.
Priority Objectives beyond 2013
• Further drafts of the International Guidelines on Statistical Business Registers will be provided from the feedback received from the 23rd Wiesbaden group on BR.
• Developing countries will continue to be encouraged to participate in the meeting to provide updates to the status of their progress in developing Business Registers.
New work to be undertaken in 2013
• A long-term agenda should be decided in back-to-back meetings via teleconference before the next Expert Group meeting in 2013.
Meetings to be organized in 2013
• Austria will conduct the Expert Group (virtual) Meeting in 2013 and host the 24th Wiesbaden Group in 2014. Please contact, Mr. Norbert Rainer, the Head of Registers, Classifications and Methods Division, for Statistics Austria at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Ongoing methodological work.