• The ILO, as a focal point for consumer price indices within the UN system, continues to:
• With monthly periodicity ILO produces regional and global estimates of CPI inflation for all-items and food group.
• In addition to the regular updating of the CPI annual and monthly series, the updating of the methodological descriptions of national CP series started in 2012 and will be completed in 2013. It is being done in cooperation with FAO.
• In collaboration with the African Development Bank, the ILO is organazing a meeting on Consumer Price Indices that will take place in the second quarter of 2013.
• The ILO continues to actively participate in the work of the Inter-Secretariat Working Group on Price Statistics (IWGPS). As an agency responsible for the coordination of future revisions of the CPI Manual, ILO will continue maintaining the electronic version of the CPI manual on-line (see http://www.ilo.org/stat/index.htm). A number of chapters have already been updated. The webpage contains the original version, errata and the latest corrected version.