• The Work Programme of the Interstate Statistical Committee of the CIS is the main document organizing its activities in the forthcoming year (the Work Programme of CIS-STAT for 2013).
• The structure of the mentioned Work Programmes covers the following kinds of activities: international comparisons programme, methodological work, economic work, exchange of experience and training of the personnel of national statistical services of the CIS, information and publishing activities, dissemination of information and information and reference services, improvement of computer technology, cooperation with international organizations.
• Considerable part of the works included in the programmes is connected with the International Comparisons Programme, methodological, analytical and information and publishing activities and submission of necessary information to interstate bodies of the CIS, government and economic bodies of the Commonwealth, international organizations, mass media and other users. Of high priority in the Work Programme for 2013 are the works connected with international comparisons of the GDP of the CIS countries for 2011 in the framework of the Global round of ICP.
• According to the programme of international comparisons in 2013 it is planned to conduct three meetings of the CIS countries specialists: on the issues of disaggregation of GDP, on preliminary results of 2011 international comparisons of GDP of the CIS countries and on the results of experimental inclusion of the CIS region into the global results.
• The Work Programme includes high priority work on the forecast of production, "visible consumption", imports and exports of selected kinds of products in the countries of the Commonwealth for 2014 (jointly with the Executive Committee of the CIS).
• Envisaged in the Work Programme is a number of works connected with forecast estimates:
• Maintenance of the database for forecast estimates of the main macroeconomic indicators growth rates by CIS countries.
• Preparation of analytic papers on the following themes:
• Preliminary forecasts of the CIS countries development for near- term perspective;
• Forecast estimates of GDP and consumer prices growth rates by CIS countries and most important regional amalgamations of the countries of the world (including CIS) for 2014;
• Collection of information for CIS countries on the forecasts of the main indicators for the period 2013-2014, developed by governmental bodies of the countries (ministries of economy, finances, central banks, etc.), programmes of economy development for mid-term and long-term perspective and their adjustments during 2013 (from Internet and other sources);
• Collection of analytic and statistical materials of the UN, IMF, the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, OECD, Eurostat and other international organizations on the trends of the development of the economy of the world, regional amalgamations and selected countries of the world, on general perspectives of their development for the coming years, on forecasts of growth rates of the main macroeconomic indicators of the countries of the world (including CIS countries) for the period 2013-2014 and on their adjustments during 2013 (from Internet and other sources).
• In pursuance of the decision of the Council of the Heads of CIS Governments of November 19, 2010 on the main target macroeconomic indicators of the development of economy of the CIS countries, CIS-STAT carries out monitoring of the main macroeconomic indicators illustrating socio-economic situation, level and dynamics of economic development, degree of economic integration of the CIS countries. This work is carried out each year.
• Apart from that, the Work Programme includes preparation of the materials on monitoring indicators of quality of life of population in the Commonwealth countries.
• In 2013 publication of brief results of the 2010 round of population censuses in the CIS countries will be continued.
• The Work Programme envisages as well the upgrading of qualification of the personnel of the CIS national statistical services on most important divisions of economic statistics: system of national accounts, statistics of prices, finances, balance of payments, etc.