WHO Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health (SAGE)
• WHO has completed the first round of data collection from SAGE.
• Data sets from these studies are now available upon request. A public release data set with all metadata will be made available by mid 2011.
• The pilot testing has been completed in the three European SAGE-like surveys. The main field work will be completed in 2011.
Other survey related activities
• WHO will work closely with the International Household Survey Network (IHSN) and international experts to develop a standard set of modules for use in health interview surveys for priority health outcomes. A meeting has been held to start the process with the module on health expenditures but resource constraints may considerably delay this project.
• A set of health examination surveys in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, building on the World Health Survey, have been completed in five countries. The last survey will be completed in 2011.4.3.5 Other administrative and non-survey sources (WHO (Headquarters))