Food Consumption and Food Security Statistics derived from Household Surveys
Ongoing methodological work:
• Methodological work focuses on revising and updating the basic parameters for the estimation of food deprivation; in tandem, a suite of food security indicators will be compiled using data available from crop and household surveys. The methodology will be shared with national statistical organizations to enable them to estimate the level of food deprivation as defined by the Millennium Development Goals (indicator 1.9) at national and sub-national levels.
• Technical assistance is being provided to member countries through FAO's capacity building activities projects.
• Development of new approaches for food security indicators at national and sub national levels;
• Updates of country-specific food security information including related web-based publication;
• Capacity building on food consumption and security statistics, in particular as part of the Household Survey Programme: