Goals of this group:
- Define precisely what concept(s) is/are to be proved, and outline how this exercise will prove or disprove them
- Clarify the value of the exercise in terms of the HLG and international work (i.e. define exactly how this exercise will add more than can already be provided by the projects of individual countries working alone)
- Explore alternative scenarios regarding choice of
- tools, environment
- statistics to be produced
- methods of producing them
- Outline costings, timeline for work during 2014, etc.
- Obtain concrete offers of funding, in-kind infrastructural support and expertise for project during 2014.
- Draft an annex to the project proposal that summarises the work in each of the above goals.
Timeline and methods of work:
- Starting late September 2013
- Approx 6 weeks: probably weekly calls (set a call at the same time each week if possible?)
- Webex calls and offline commitment: approx 2-3 hours per week
- Final deliverables: a detailed specification to present as an annex to the project proposal to the HLG at their November meeting.