UNECE-coordinated work relating to Big Data
- Informal workshop for participants in the September 2013 seminar on data collection, to discuss the formulation of the Big Data project proposal.
- Proposed project on Big Data, aiming to
- identify, examine and provide guidance for statistical organizations to act upon the main strategic and methodological issues that Big Data poses for the official statistics industry
- demonstrate the feasibility of efficient production of both novel products and ‘mainstream’ official statistics using Big Data sources, and the possibility to replicate these approaches across different national contexts
- facilitate the sharing across organizations of knowledge, expertise, tools and methods for the production of statistics using Big Data sources.
- Temporary task team composed of representatives from thirteen countries and international organizations: tasked with identification of priorities for international collaboration and development of a project proposal for a 2014 HLG project on Big data and official statistics.
- Position paper What does Big data mean for official statistics? (March 2013) drafted for the High Level Group for the Modernization of Statistical Production and Services (HLG).
Links and Resources
These are just a select few of the thousands of resources available around the world: those which are of greatest relevance to the questions raised by official statistics in relation to Big Data. Please feel free to add others or notify us.
|Content by Label|