• UNSD continues to maintain the most comprehensive database of worldwide energy statistics (production, trade, stock changes, bunkers and consumption) covering more than 200 countries and areas and time series from 1950;
• UNSD continues to publish the Energy Statistics Yearbook and the Energy Balances and Electricity Profiles on an annual basis;
• Data sharing arrangements between UNSD and IEA/OECD continue to reduce the data collection burden.
Activities for 2012:
• Preparation of the Energy Statistics Compilers Manual (ESCM) which provides practical guidance in the implementation of IRES, including collection of country practices;
• Organization of training workshops for developing countries;
• Update and improvement of the UN Energy Statistics Database, including collection, processing and dissemination arrangements for both data and metadata according to the recommendations provided in IRES;
• Work on improving transparency of oil statistics in collaboration with other international organizations active in this area (APERC, Eurostat, IAE/OECD, OLADE, OPEC and IEFS) through the Joint Oil Data Initiative (JODI);
• Further development of the energy statistics web-site.
New activities for 2013: