• Methodological work: Calculation of indicators to monitor the financial crisis and its impact on the real economy in developing economies and economies in transition. Data are released in UNCTAD flagship reports.
• Participation in the Globalization Session of the Statistical Working Party of the OECD Committee on Industry and Business Environment, in particular, as regards the preparation of the Manual of Economic Globalization Indicators.
• Data collection and processing: continuous update of the TNC database.
• Collection of data on the operations of TNCs and their foreign affiliates.
• Guidance to developing countries wishing to adopt internationally agreed recommendations for the compilation of data on the operations of TNCs and their foreign affiliates.