• To meet the needs of a wide range of users for a one-stop resource containing broadly based, comparative, country-based, economic, social and environmental data. To help users in assessing the position of a single country taking into account multiple dimensions and promoting the importance of policy coherence.
Objectives and outputs
• The objective of the activity is to bring together data concerning various economic, social and environmental phenomena and highlight measurement issues, underlining areas where the comparability of statistics across countries is weak and describing initiatives undertaken to overcome these problems.
• The Factbook is published both on paper and on Internet. The electronic version is made available for free and contains longer time series and more detailed metadata.
Non-member countries involved in the activity:
• Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russian Federation, Slovenia Former, South Africa
Main Developments for 2013
• It has not yet been decided when the next OECD Factbook edition will be published.