• A manual on measurement of wages will be prepared that will provide guidance concerning the various concepts of income related to employment (i.e. labour cost, earnings, wage rates, and employment-related income including income related to paid employment and income related to self employment and their relationships and the different approaches to measuring wages through establishments-based data collection instruments (censuses and surveys),, households-based instruments and administrative records. This manual will be developed in collaboration with other international organisations and with national statistical offices.
• The methodological information of household-based and establishment-based surveys around the world has been updated as a key starting point for reform of the technical advice and support provided to countries to facilitate the production of better-quality labour statistics. Over 170 surveys from over 80 countries are described, at http://laborsta.ilo.org/applv8/data/SSM2_NEW/E/main.html.
• Training and technical assistance will continue to be provided.
• Up-to date short-term data and annual data on various wage-related indicators are available on two ILO statistical websites: LABORSTA accessible at http://laborsta.ilo.org and ILOSTAT accessible at www.ilo.org/ilostat.
• Data on current minimum wages and the legal framework are regularly compiled and are available on the ILO website at: