Theme 5.09 - Environmental accounts and climate change
Fields of activities covered by the theme
• Monetary and environmental accounts;
• Physical and hybrid environmental accounts;
• Environmental Data Centres on Natural Resources and Products;
• Climate change and other cross-cutting activities.
1. Work to be carried out by Eurostat in
1.1 NEW WORK, INCLUDING NEW PLANNED LEGISLATION
• Development of the legal base for environmental accounts.
1.2 ONGOING WORK
• Environmentally related transfers;
• Collect and disseminate data for all environmental accounts and develop estimation methods based on now-casting techniques for the main EU-27 aggregates;
• Development of energy accounts;
• Environmental Data Centre for Natural Resources and Products;
• Methodological developments in the areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation. Support to the development of climate change adaptation indicators.
2. Statistical work to be carried out by other DGs (including data collection from Member States) and/or EU Agencies
2.2 ONGOING WORK
• Classification of tax revenues by function, among which environmental taxes, and breaking them down to energy, transport and pollution and resources tax revenues.