• UNIDO in collaboration with OECD compiles and disseminates worldwide key industrial statistics at the 2-, and 4-digit levels of ISIC. As per UN mandate UNIDO collects data directly from NSOs for non-OECD member countries while OECD collects data from its member countries and provides them to UNIDO to complete the global coverage of the UNIDO industrial statistics database system.
• UNIDO continuing producing data on quarterly trends of manufacturing production in 2012.
• Data received from NSOs are screened, adjusted and supplemented with UNIDO estimates as before, then will be stored in the UNIDO Industrial Statistics Database (INDSTAT).
• In 2012, UNIDO continuing implementing ISIC Rev 4 in its database. However, the full implementation depends on the number of countries which can regularly report data by ISIC Rev.4.
• UNIDO continues to maintain the ISIC (Rev.3) version of its Industrial Demand-Supply Balance (IDSB) Database.
• UNIDO published "World statistics on mining and utilities 2012". This is the first publication on world mining and utility statistics since 2010. The publication has been sent out to National Statistical Offices for comments and feedbacks.
Methodological work that can go beyond 2012
• In 2012 UNIDO continues ongoing statistical studies on manufacturing input statistics.
• UNIDO will develop web-based data warehouse in order to simply on-line data access with user friendly downloading features for international data users.
• Further work will be carried out in implementation of SDMX for data exchange with OECD and other international organizations.
• A number of technical assistance projects for industrial capacity building in developing countries will be undertaken.
New activities to be undertaken in the next year 2013
• A joint training program of industrial statistics between UNIDO and International Statistical training Centre of NBS of China will be held.
• Industrial Statistics trainings for CIS countries will be conducted in St. Petersburg in Russia.
• A workshop to promote industrial statistical activities in Africa to recognize the year of Statistics in 2013 will be held in Tanzania.