• Applied research in the area of price indices, especially consumer price indices.
• Papers and proceedings available on the group's website, http://www.ottawagroup.org/. Otherwise links to website of latest host.
Undertake research with a view to providing advice to national statistical offices on:
1. Emerging issues in price indices including developments in weighting and calculation methodology as well as inclusion of new goods/services.
2. Procedures for dealing with quality change.
3. Price measurement for 'difficult-to-measure' such as insurance, health, legal services, financial services, apparel, cars, telecommunications and items subject to rapid technological change.
4. Use of scanner data to improve data quality and reduce price index compilation costs.
5. housing and residential property price indices.
6. international comparisons including the International Comparison Programme (ICP).
The Ottawa Group meets every second year. The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 May 2011 in New Zealand. More information regarding the next meeting is available at http://www.stats.govt.nz/ottawa-group-2011.aspx.