- Notes from the of Core Group teleconference on 22 June 2012New paper that touches 23 May
- GSIM to DDI and SDMX Mapping Work
- Paper on the relationship between SDMX and DDI : The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI): An Introduction for National Statistical Institutes
Three potential objectives for a collaboration were identified:
- To avoid duplication of effort by the two standards, and thus avoid confusion about which standards should be used for specific types of applications
- To provide reassurance to the user communities of both DDI and SDMX that the end-to-end statistical process can be managed, and that the standards bodies are both considering the needs of users in this area
- To provide specific technical guidance about the use cases and implementation of the standards for specific purposes
It was mentioned that these objectives are not only technical ones - users should be considered at both the business level and the technical level.