• Continue to compile and disseminate demographic statistics in the Demographic Yearbook, website and CD-Rom.
• Further develop the storage and retrieval system for maintaining the demographic database.
• The UNSD coordinates the collection of demographic statistics with the WHO, EUROSTAT, ILO and the Economic Commission for Europe in order to minimize the reporting burden on the national statistical services and to provide as wide a range of users as possible with access to demographic statistics shown in international statistical publications including the United Nations Demographic Yearbook.
• Finalize technical report on measuring international migration through censuses and sample surveys.
• Migrant stock data that were collected through the Demographic Yearbook (DYB) Population Census Questionnaires are now available at the UNSD website.
• Annual collection of data on international migrant flows through the revise the DYB questionnaire.