|Table of Contents|
4.1 IT Architecture
System architects are introduced for each of the following areas in the top-level information architecture: data collection, metadata and dissemination. The mandate for this role supports the system architect's responsibility to ensure that IT development projects are in line with the IT strategy.
Solution architects are appointed for each new development project to ensure that the systems development is in accordance with the current IT-strategy, architecture principles,recommended tools and practices.
4.2 Metadata Management Tools
All our master metadata systems have Oracle databases. Links are mostly hard-links between these databases. Our web applications obtain metadata from our service library for metadata systems.
Our classifications system is an implementation of Neuchâtel Terminology Model Part 1 Classifications v2.0 with the addition of an attribute on the Correspondence Item for Item Change from v2.1.
Our variables system is a partial implementation of Neuchâtel Terminology Model Part 2 Variables. The extent to which we follow ISO/IEC 11179, is best described by the figure in the attachment to this chapter where the number of instances of the objects per 2008 2012 are given in the brackets.The figure in the attachements attachments illustrates that there is little re-use of data elements or value domains in the current archive. This is a situation that we hope to address in the coming years.
We are considering using DDI v3 in connection with micro-data for researchers.
We have used definitions of key metadata concepts from SDMX MCV where possible.
We have contributed to the development of GSIM (Generic Statistical Information Model) v1.0.
We are contributing to a task force looking at the flow of GSIM v1.0 information objects in GSBPM v4.0.
4.4 Version control and revisions
- Improved editing tool for our classification database - previous editor was developed out-of-house, but the new one will be developed in-house.
- Analysis of the end-to-end creation and re-use of metadata in one production cycle for one type of statistics - no system development required in analysis.
- Continuing development of a master metadatabase for questionnaires - in-house development but with help from external consultants on-site.
- Service library for master metadata systems was developed in-house.
- Metadata portal on the Internet and intranet was developed in-house.
- Plan Adminstrative system for projects, products and processes is was mainly being developed in-house but we have required had substantial help from an external consultantconsultants.
4.6 Additional materials
Some data models and XML-schema can be made available on request.