Message-ID: <713077601.14658.1417157690423.JavaMail.confluence@ece-vmapps> Subject: Exported From Confluence MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_Part_14657_796324815.1417157690422" ------=_Part_14657_796324815.1417157690422 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Location: file:///C:/exported.html
=E2=80=A2 Applied research in the area of price indices, especially cons=
umer price indices.
=E2=80=A2 Papers and proceedings are available on= the group's website, http://www.ottawagroup.org/.
Undertake research with a view to providing advice to national statistic= al offices on:=20
1. Emerging issues in price indices including developments in weighting =
and calculation methodology as well as inclusion of new goods/services.
2. Procedures for dealing with quality change.
3. Price measuremen= t for 'difficult-to-measure' such as insurance, health, legal services, fin= ancial services, apparel, cars, telecommunications and items subject to rap= id technological change.
4. Use of scanner data to improve data quali= ty and reduce price index compilation costs.
5. Housing and residenti= al property price indices.
6. International comparisons including the= International Comparison Programme (ICP).
The Ottawa Group last met in May 2011 at Statistics New Zealand in Welli= ngton (12th Meeting). This meeting considered topics on:=20
=E2=80=A2 scanner data,
=E2=80=A2 price measurement for 'difficult= to measure' products and services,
=E2=80=A2 housing and residential= property price indices,
=E2=80=A2 developments in weighting and calc= ulation methodology,
=E2=80=A2 intra and inter-national comparability= and international comparisons, and
=E2=80=A2 emerging issues in pric= e indices.
The next meeting (13th meeting) will be hosted by Statistics Denmark in =
2013 at Copenhagen.