Message-ID: <493537987.13849.1417094661525.JavaMail.confluence@ece-vmapps> Subject: Exported From Confluence MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_Part_13848_378621264.1417094661524" ------=_Part_13848_378621264.1417094661524 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Location: file:///C:/exported.html
=E2=80=A2 Applied research in the area of price indices, especially cons=
umer price indices.
=E2=80=A2 Papers and proceedings available on the= group's website, http://www.ottawagroup.org/. Otherwise links to website of lates= t host.
Undertake research with a view to providing advice to national statistic= al offices on:=20
1. Emerging issues in price indices including developments in weighting =
and calculation methodology as well as inclusion of new goods/services.
2. Procedures for dealing with quality change.
3. Price measuremen= t for 'difficult-to-measure' such as insurance, health, legal services, fin= ancial services, apparel, cars, telecommunications and items subject to rap= id technological change.
4. Use of scanner data to improve data quali= ty and reduce price index compilation costs.
5. housing and residenti= al property price indices.
6. international comparisons including the= International Comparison Programme (ICP).
The Ottawa Group meets every second year. The next meeting will take pla= ce on Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 May 2011 in New Zealand. More information reg= arding the next meeting is available at http://www.stats.govt.nz/o= ttawa-group-2011.aspx.