The Sharing Advisory Board is a subsidiary of the Conference of European Statisticians (CES) and as such is concerned with strategic developments revolving around the issues of sharing of solutions and collaboration between statistical organisations with respect to the production of statistics. Its main purpose is to actively look for ways to improve the aforementioned and do this from a strategic perspective. To achieve our objectives we count the following activities as our main responsibilities:
- Achieve strategic coherence within the statistical IT community by actively acting as information broker by means of communication or by presence in projects, working parties and other activities.
- Promoting, and in some cases developing standards to encourage the sharing of statistical software or facilitate collaboration..
- Maintaining a wiki for exchange of ideas and information.
- Producing regular newsletters to highlight important developments
- Developing and promoting proposals for improving the sharing of architectures
- Alerting chief statisticians (through the HLG and CES) about any emerging strategic issues related to the development and sharing of statistical software
- Dissemination of information about products and services etc. but not for the actual products themselves, the SAB acts as an information broker, bringing parties together and supplying additional information