1. Software name:
CANCEIS (CANadian Census Edit and Imputation System)
2. Contact details:
3. Main purpose of the software:
Editing, deterministic and nearest-neighbour donor imputation for large datasets and large number of edits.
4. Level of importance:
5. Input format(s) (e.g. csv, xml,...):
Tab-delimited text, Excel spreadsheet or dbms table
6. Output format(s) (e.g. csv, xml,...):
Tab-delimited text and HTML
7. Programming language(s):
C#, .NET Framework 4.0
8. Code availability:
Limited version free of charge
10. Development status:
11. Operating system(s):
All operating systems supporting Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
12. User/natural language:
13. Demo/trial version available?:
14. Do you provide training and/or consultancy for this software for other organisations?:
15. Do you provide support for this software for other organisations?:
16. Does detailed documentation exist for developers?:
17. Does detailed documentation exist for users of the software?:
18. In which language(s) is the documentation available?:
19. Please provide a link to any documentation available online:
The link is provided only after a user contract has been signed.
20. Other documentation (please upload attachments or give details):
21. Please list other statistical organisations that are known to use this software:
Domestic users (other than Canadian Census of Population)
22. Other information:
Please contact Asma Alavi for further information on CANCEIS.
23. Is the software compliant with the HLG vision?*:
24. In which areas is the software compliant with the HLG compliance criteria?:
supports input and output of data & metadata in open format
(Owners of software have the primary responsibility for deciding whether software meets the criteria. However, in cases of disagreement the Sharing Advisory Board will adjudicate.)
If you are familiar with the phases and sub-processes of the Generic Statistical Business Process Model, please add labels to this page to categorise the software, using the 'Edit labels' option at the bottom left of the screen. Please choose from the existing labels e.g. 'gsbpm4_1' for GSBPM 4.1, 'select sample'. You can view the full list of phases and sub-processes here.