Implementing GSIM at a technical level
54. In order to effectively implement GSIM at a technical level, it should be implemented at a business level first.
55. An organization may choose to implement GSIM as the information model that defines their operating environment. In order to implement GSIM into a system, it is necessary to map it to an organization's implementation models. Preliminary mappings to SDMX, DDI and other standards are given in GSIM v1.0 Specification. This more technical use of GSIM requires an analysis of gaps between GSIM and IT implementation systems at a detailed level.
56. The design of GSIM takes into account the possibility to map to implementation models, such as SDMX or DDI. Such a mapping can be used to establish a link between GSIM and its technical implementation. GSIM thus helps to:
- Compare IT approaches;
- Detect double work in legacy systems
- Avoid double work in new systems.