10. The documentation of GSIM v1.1 has a number of layers. Each layer provides more detail on the model and is targeted at different audiences. There is:
- A number of brochures which provide a high level introduction to GSIM
- A communication document which gives an overview of the model. It also describes the scope and benefits, what the model means for staff in a statistical organization and relationships to other standards and models.
- Implementing GSIM (this document), which explains how GSIM can be used and implemented.
- Clickable GSIM – a tool on the UNECE wiki platform that allows users to easily navigate through different views of GSIM to investigate the objects that interest them.
- A specification document, which provides deeper detail about the model, and an explanation of the GSIM Extension Methodology.
- An Enterprise Architect file, which contains the UML descriptions of the model.
11. To help target the efforts of staff in statistical organizations, Table 1 provides some guidance on which documents are most appropriate for different audiences.
Table 1. Reader Guides
Top & Senior managers
Architects, business analysts and metadata specialists
GSIM Communication document