Trade in Services
• The revised Manual on Statistics of International Trade in Services (MSITS), which was adopted by the United Nations Statistical Committee in February 2010 will be released early 2011. It is published by seven agencies. Work on compilation guidance to the MSITS, will be the first priority of the TFSITS in 2011.
• The Task Force (TFSITS), convened by OECD, coordinates technical cooperation efforts between agencies to aid countries' implementation of the MSITS's recommendations. The Task Force has developed a free training module on trade in services coordinated by the World Trade Organization and with the World Bank.
• Data collection is coordinated by the agencies to avoid duplication of effort e.g. through standard questionnaires and codes for reporting the data, and data sharing.
• A UNSD web page, with a Newsletter, provides a central reference point for information about MSITS, the work of the TFSITS, seminars and other new developments. (http://unstats.un.org/unsd/tradeserv/default.asp). This provides links to the other Organisations web pages on trade in services. OECD and UNSD have established email hotlines (respectively email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries about the work on trade in services.
• In 2011, the biannual Task Force on Statistics of International Trade in Services, will take place first on the 28th and 29th March 2011 in Luxembourg. On the 30th of March, a one-day joint meetings with TFIMTS will be held (as in the past two years) to discuss a number of cross-cutting issues with merchandise trade statistics such as the measurement of trade in manufacturing services, merchanting and trade in digital products. The second meeting this year is scheduled on the 20th of October 2011, back to back with the OECD Working Party on Trade in Goods and Services (WPTGS) which is planned from the 17th to the 19th of October 2011 in Paris.