• Applied research in the area of price indices, especially consumer price indices.
• Papers and proceedings available on the group's website, http://www.ottawagroup.org/. Otherwise links to website of latest host.
Undertake research with a view to providing advice to national statistical offices on:
1. problems of price measurement, particularly at the micro level.
2. procedures for dealing with quality change.
3. price measurement of health services, financial and insurance services, housing and telecommunications.
4. new goods/services - theoretical and operational issues associated with their inclusion in price indexes.
5. use of electronic commerce sources to improve data quality and reduce price index compilation costs.
6. procedures to deal with quality change.
The Ottawa Group meets every second year. The Group meet in Neuchâtel, Switzerland in May 2009. The next meeting is planned to take place in May/June 2011 in New Zealand.2.m Economic statistics meetings (Ottawa Group on Price Indices)