Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Link to Tools Support Team page

Meeting 21 August

 Attendees: Johanna, Johan, Olof, Jannik

Drupal

  •  Is in good shape and development is steady and ongoing
  •  Nightly builds working

Todo

  •  Graphs embedded into XMI output will be fixed incremental each week
    •  Diagram of each view
  •  RDF equivalent element information is a TODO task
    •  Needs example of such a construct in the XMI - JVJ looks into this
      •  Could be comment with specific type or nested elem
  •  Docbook formating issues to fix -will look into this in a week or 2
    •  Linking of the graphs in the docbook output
  •  Element named 'Node' to fix not rendering in GraphWiz

 Other issues on GitHub: https://github.com/ddialliance/lion

 Transformations
 A waiting review from Oliver

Meeting 7 August

Attendees: Oliver, Jannik, Olof

Jannik explained what he had done on the transforms at the Toronto sprint. The transform is more or less complete. The documentation for the RDF needs some fixing, it runs only for discovery. Email and stuff like that should be added to....?[therese missed what Jannik said - maybe primitives?]

The XMI to OWL is the best one.

The outstanding tasks:

1) Reuse of elements from other standards: Referring to elements in other standards needs to cleaning up in Drupal for the exports to work well. This was discussed in the modelling team. Oliver had suggested to add a column in Drupal to show the equivalences. We should model it but not export it. So we need a place to put it. Currently in Drupal you can say that an object is equivalent to X in DDI 3.2 or GSIM. Olof confirms there is an RDF field in Drupal to show external mappings. In the RDF, do you want to use the (for example) dc terms namespace, or keep it in DDI namespace. Jannik says it is best to keep both and then make a decision later.

It should be straight forward in RDF, but in the XML we need some more information. The XML transformation that is the biggest issue. Is it feasible to inline the other standards, or leave it at the modelling level and just document it? Jannik says do both.

2) Bug fixes

3) Documentation that runs on docbook

4) Transformations to other implementations??? Do we do it?

Drupal:

Olof is working on some bugs for exporting and views in Drupal. Next step is for Docbook export.

Is it possible to do a regular run through/ test run? We could start a tools support meeting by look at the results of the test run. But do we have infrastructure support? Olof says yes. The SVGs are automated, the next step is to do the XSLT automatically. It should be done in a batches. It could be running in a week or two.

The September release should be possible technically - only issue to stop it is resourcing.

Jannik is happy to press start on the GTM meetings for future meetings.

Meeting 24 July

Attendees: Achim, Oliver, Thérèse

Clarification on creation of diagrams

We want a diagram of each object and its neighbours. This will be a lot of diagrams. We could make the diagrams in EA from the XMI. This might be too much work given the number of diagrams. Olof is investigating if we can make these diagrams automagically from Drupal. The Drupal graphs are not so pretty when there are lots of objects, but maybe not so bad for small diagrams. The diagrams for views/packages should be made in EA.

Production tests

In the initial meeting of this group, it was agreed that we should try to do a production test once every two weeks. This has not been happening. We need to start doing it for the September release. To do teh production tests, we would need a Drupal person (Olof or Johanna), a XSD person (Jannik or Oliver) and an OWL person (?? Maybe ask Thomas??). This needs to be sorted out at the next meeting.

Meeting 26 June

Attendees: Dan, Achim, Marcel, Olof, Thérèse

In the meeting we waled through the production flow to have a complete list of work to be done.

  1. Drupal: The current work for Drupal is  on github (link). Olof has been working on the changes. Johanna has confirmed that she has some resource to also work on Drupal. Olof has sent her some information.
    ACTION: Olof and Johanna working on Drupal issue list.
  2. EA diagrams - We said that we are going to export the diagrams from EA. We want one diagram per object (like in clickable GSIM). Can we automate this work? Is it possible to do it from Drupal instead?
    ACTION: Figure out how to export pictures from Drupal in .doc file
  3. Olof thinks it is possible to generate a graph per object in drupal. We also want to have a diagram per package and per view. Some of the package level diagrams will be quite complex.
    ACTION: Olof will add 2 new issues to the Drupal list - creating graph per object and creating graph per view. (DONE)
  4. Generate extended XML in export. This is a black box and needs investigation
    ACTION: Olof and Johan will look at this in July
  5. High level text in Drupal? We need high level text like the over all introduction . This could be done in Drupal using simple pages. The key thing is to keep it simple though. If there are tables etc, maybe it is not so good to do this in Drupal. We need to talk to Jon and the main documentation guy about what he thinks the requirements are.
    ACTION: We need to talk to Jon
  6. Docbook export - There is some work to be done to change the table structure for properties and relationships. This is in the Drupal issue list (#7). We need to test the export from Drupal to DocBook - in terms of checking the structure. Then we see if it makes sense in HTML and PDF. We want these formats to be reviewed (as well as the modelling work) when we go out for review to make sure they meet mixed needs.
    ACTION: Test DocBook export
  7. Are we getting the XMI from EA or Drupal. The diagram says EA, but we think that Drupal is the source of truth so it should be from Drupal? We should update the diagram. The XMI should be stored in GIT
    ACTION: Achim will look at updating the diagram Franck drew.
  8. XSD - Jannik and Oliver and the people to help with this. This transform need some more work.
    ACTION: More work needed here
  9. OWL - This transform is more mature. There is an issue list for the work - link.
    ACTION: Need to work through issues in issues list.

 

 

Meeting June3, 2014
Tools Support Meeting June3, 2014
 
Jannick Jensen
Johan Finn
Johanna Vompras
Olof Olsson
Arofan Gregory
Marcel Hebing
 
Not present:
 
Achim Wackerow, Dan Smith, Jeremy Ivreson, Ingo Barko 
Note:  we haven't asked Oliver Hopt if he is interested in being part of this yet, but we should
 
Agenda:
 
-              The timeline for developing the production framework
-              The developments to date, and known issues
-              The run through we did as part of last weeks’ sprint
-              The Git instance we have for tracking issues
-              Work assignments and availability
 
 
First production run must be done by mid-September. There were some concerns, especially since the Europeans tend to take lots of summer vacation:
 
Jannick & Johan out all of July; Olof and Johanna out half of August; Marcel we don't know.
 
We will try to compare resource requirements estimates with people’s availability as soon as possible, to get a sense of what may be needed. In order to make resource estimates, however, we need a unified list of tasks/issues. 
 
All issues/tasks will go into the Github instance – Wendy’s e-mail list of Drupal issues must be moved to Github. Marcel will send the list of issues which was on the Wiki to Olof so we can make sure they are all listed there.
 
Olof will tell Jannick where to put the latest versions of the XSLT transforms (XMI-XSD, XMI-OWL, from Assembla) so that these are under source control. This should also include the mapping documents.
 
Periodically (every two weeks) we will try to do a production run, and record the results (like at the IASSIST sprint). People agreed in principle to bi-weekly meetings.
 
Skills and Assignments:
 
Jannick – XSLT transforms for XSD and RDF
Johan - Drupal/XSLT (Could include DocBook transforms)
Olof - main Drupal guy
Johanna - Drupal
Oliver Hopt? - XSLT (Arofan to ask).
Marcel - general analysis, and to worry about long-term alignment with collaboration platform. Also, to chase down production of non-XSD, non-RDF products.
Achim – General analysis of XMI, DocBook, etc.
Ingo may have someone who can work on Enterprise Architect APIs – need to follow up once we know what is needed here – batch diagram export?
Arofan - facilitator
 
Everyone was made aware of the Wiki page for the production run at the IASSIST sprint. Olof spent some time showing Johanna what we already have in Drupal.
 
Other Actions:
 
Everyone needs to ask their management how much time they can spare - to tell Arofan in the next week or so after IASSIST.
Olof/Johan to open Github to allow anyone to file issues. 
People should register with Github and send username to Olof.
E-mail to schedule next meeting will be circulated (Arofan? Therese? How do we handle this?)
E-mail to see if a face-to-face meeting is possible, or possibly a virtual sprint? (Again, how to handle?)