Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes

 

What does this team do?

Description: The role of the modelling team is to work with package teams and their leaders in order to instantiate DDI objects described on lion.ddialliance.org as UML (in Enterprise Architect), XML, and RDF. The work also includes review of modeling work done by others and creation of the beta packages for review and approval by the DDI Alliance members.

 

TasksProgress so far
Overall advice from TC on items belowReport to Modelers

Relating to other standards

Proposal

Web servicesProposal
IdentificationProposal

Containership and Reference: Rules for defining when an object is contained as a property or referenced and what the reference structure includes

see TC minutes

Grouping: Mechanism for grouping metadata for management purposes

see TC minutes

Administrative metadata: DDI 3.2 administrative metadata (non-payload)

Proposal

Name,Label, Description: Registry based information ISO 11179-5

Proposal

see TC minutes

Next meeting

Regular meeting time for Modelling team. The meeting will take place at EVERY Wednesday at 0800 Minneapolis, 0900 Ottawa, 1400UK, 1500 CET, 2300 Canberra. Please indicate which day of the week suits you best.

Meeting dates: 20 August, 3 September.....CHANGED to weekly starting 17 September

Instructions to join the meeting:

1. Please join my meeting.

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/731015190

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or,
call in using your telephone.

United States: +1 (646) 749-3117
Australia: +61 2 8355 1035
Belgium: +32 (0) 42 68 0154
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373
Denmark: +45 (0) 89 88 04 29
France: +33 (0) 182 880 932
Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6930
New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 801 0292
Norway: +47 21 01 89 06
Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 288
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 7151 1816

Access Code: 731-015-190

Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 731-015-190

Action Items:

  • Larry to review Discovery view

  • Jon to review from documentation perspective

  • Oliver and Achim to make a proposal about the related standards to circulate to group

  • Arofan will go through the Agent package and clean it up

  • Remove Service object and fix relationships to Machine and fix verb tense in relationships in Process package

  • Create "Complex Process" package and move objects that are not part of the simple - Jay

Team Members
NameModelling rep on:Contact
Johan FihnCorejohan.fihn@snd.gu.se
Jay GreenfieldAgent, Processgreenfield_jay@bah.com
Arofan GregoryConceptual, Discoveryarofan.gregory@earthlink.net
Larry HoyleDiscoverylarryhoyle@ku.edu
Achim WackerowSimple Data Descriptionjoachim.wackerow@gesis.org
Jannik JensenSimple Instrumentjvj@sa.dk
Oliver HoptSimple Codebookoliver.hopt@gesis.org
Wendy ThomasTC repwlt@umn.edu
Flavio Rizzolo flavio.rizzolo
@statcan.gc.ca
OR @gmail.com
Jon JohnsonMr Documentation (tongue)

j.johnson@ioe.ac.uk