The purpose of the International Trade and Business Processes Group (TBG) is to be responsible for business and governmental business requirements and content. This is achieved by initiating developments in the areas of process analysis, best practices, and international trade procedures. Where appropriate the UN/CEFACT Modelling Methodology is used to support the development of trade facilitation and electronic business solutions.
This is achieved through:
- publication of recommendations and best practices related to international trade facilitation;
- specification of common business processes and reference models;
- harmonization of cross-industry business processes; and
- documentation of business requirements.
- Membership is open to experts with broad knowledge in the area of in the area of processes, procedures and modelling in the international
- trade and e-business arenas, the functions of UN/CEFACT, and its groups. In addition Heads of Delegations may invite technical experts from their constituency to participate in the work. Experts are expected to contribute to the work based solely on their expertise and to comply with the UN/CEFACT Code of Ethics.