The purpose of the project is to create business process models and business class diagrams for documenting business scenarios and the business transactions involved in transmitting information pursuant to the requirements of the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) law. “REACH is a new European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006). It deals with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances. The new law entered into force on 1 June 2007. REACH gives more responsibility to the industry that makes the hazardous materials to provide safety information about the material. Much of their responsibility is to ensure a high level of protection for people and the environment. This law also implements the encouragement of coming up with alternative methods to assess the hazards substance.”
The output will be used to obtain and validate the XML messages to support the business transactions.
This project will seek to represent the totality of process and information requirements captured in REACH.
The deliverables from the project are:
- A catalogue of business process models covering REACH processes.
- A guide for users which enables them to select the model appropriate to their needs.
- A guide for users which enables them to select the relevant transaction appropriate to their needs.
- To provide the class diagrams of the REACH business transactions for the creation of the XML schemas using the UN/CEFACT Core Components Technical Specification.
Membership is open to experts who have broad knowledge in the areas ...
The geographic focus of the project is global
Initial contributions will come from a variety of sources. A call for contributions will be made for ...
The following have expressed an interest in making such contributions:
|Project Chair||Delta Pelgrim|
Estimated Open Development Process (ODP) milestone dates:
|ODP Step||ODP Name||Estimated Completion Date||Comment|
|3||1st Working Draft||Comment|
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The continued existence and functioning of the project team shall not require any additional resources from the UN/ECE secretariat other than:
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public Web site pages with appropriate links, document download facilities, and items of interest;
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public and private list servers.