The TBG12 is a group of experts in the areas of UN/CEFACT, business processes and associated tools, and accounting, auditing, or registration, or financial information services. Each CEFACT Head of delegation may designate one or more experts to the TBG12. In doing so, they may delegate this task to one or more organisations, which may be national, regional or international. Experts (members as registered with the UN/CEFACT secretariat) are expected to contribute to the work based on their knowledge and experience.
Eligibility for membership is obtained by attending at least 50% of four previous meetings.
Observers (guests) are welcome to attend TBG12 meetings, and are encouraged to participate. Participation to TBG12 meetings is open to those individuals being interested in achieving the objectives.
Voting process and decision making shall be accomplished in accordance with prevailing CEFACT practices.
The TBG12 Administrative Team (TAT) membership will consist of the TBG12 Chair and as a minimum oneVice Chair representing ideally each activity's area, the elected TBG12 Sub Working Group chair, the immediate past TBG12 Chair, and full members of the TBG12.
To ensure the effective operation of the TBG12 process, the TAT shall:
- Produce proposals, recommendations, guidelines and messages to meet user requirements;
- Convene formal and informal meetings for the purpose of facilitating the progression of work, following the rules and guidelines established by TBG for the conduct of these meetings; minutes shall be recorded with respect to an agreed codification by the TAT; minutes will be distributed for all meetings;
- Utilise electronic communication facilities as the principal mean for the exchange of data and information among the membership of the TBG12.
The role of the TAT is:
- To serve as the primary strategic direction setting body of the TBG12. Act as initial arbitrator in situations where individuals, groups, organisations or countries feel that they are being excluded from participation in TBG12;
- To provide guidelines to the TBG12 Chair for decisions to be taken by the TBG;
- To be responsible for ensuring that a preliminary agenda for the TBG12 Plenary is set sufficiently prior to the meeting so attendees can have the agendas prior to attending. Final agendas must be available on the first day of each TBG12 Meeting;
- To prepare, update and publish at each TBG12 meeting, the Work Program schedule;
- To be the body responsible for instituting new TBG12 special ad-hoc groups, and other special advisory positions. The TAT will be responsible for the approval of the terms of reference for these groups. The terms of reference should include purpose, scope and where applicable duration.
The TBG12 Work Program shall determine the time scales for all TBG12 activities and tasks. The TBG12 shall meet at least at UN / CEFACT Forum.
The TBG12 shall co-operate and establish liaisons with all of the TBG Working Groups and ad-hoc groups as required.
In addition, TBG12 shall establish liaisons with other organisations as required, for example:
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC);
- Fédération des experts-comptables européens (FEE);
- International Federation of Auditors and Internal Controllers (IFACI);
- Accounting Institutes such as national professional institutes in the accounting and/or audit business like American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Institute of Canadian Certified Accountants (ICCA), Ordre des experts-comptables (French Institute), Kammer der Wirtschaftprüfer (KAW, Austrian Institute), etc.;
- eXtended Business Reporting Language (XBRL);
- Electronic Data Interchange for Financial, Informational, Cost, Accounting and Auditing, and Social areas (EDIFICAS);