Cargo Tracing and Tracking
The purpose of the project is to create the Business Process Models and the Business class diagrams for documenting business scenarios and the business transactions involved in tracing and tracking cargos in the international logistics chain.
The output will be used to produce implementation guidelines of existing standard messages and/or to define requirements for new XML messages to support the business transactions.
The end result will be to provide seamless cargo tracking information to all logistics partners.
The scope of the Cargo tracing and tracking project covers the tracing and tracking of consignments and/or transport equipments/transport means in the logistic chain and the business processes between the actors involved.
The deliverables from the project are:
- Business Requirements Specification (BRS) for Cargo Tracing and Tracking processes.
- Class diagrams of the business transaction for the creation of the XML schemas using the UN/CEFACT Core Components Technical Specification.
- Creation of the XML Schema using the UN/CEFACT Naming and Design Rule.
Membership is open to experts who have broad knowledge in the areas ...
The geographic focus of the project is global
Initial contributions will come from a variety of sources. A call for contributions will be made for ...
The following have expressed an interest in making such contributions:
|Project Chair||K. R. Ahn|
Estimated Open Development Process (ODP) milestone dates:
|ODP Step||ODP Name||Estimated Completion Date||Comment|
|3||1st Working Draft||Comment|
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The continued existence and functioning of the project team shall not require any additional resources from the UN/ECE secretariat other than:
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public Web site pages with appropriate links, document download facilities, and items of interest;
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public and private list servers.