Data exchange for archiving/Transfer of digital records
The purpose of the project is to create Business Process Models, Business Class Diagrams for archival data exchange. The output will be used to produce the XML message schemas to support the business transactions.
The project will deal with data exchange for archives and records (documents and metadata) related to:
• transfer of documents or records to be preserved by the originating body to the archival institution;
• delivery of documents or records to users who wish to reach archived files;
• notification of modification of documents or records by archival institutions;
• request for the destruction of documents or records;
• restitution of documents or records to the originating body by the archive.
The deliverables from this project will include:
• Business Requirements Specification (BRS) to describe stakeholder business needs;
• Requirements Specification Mapping (RSM) to identify data requirements.
The purpose for creating these documents is to provide common information and data required by the applicable working groups in CEFACT to add any missing core components, harmonize the data requirements and generate XML schemas.
The project team is a group of experts with broad knowledge in records and archives management as well ebXML/CEFACT XML standards development and requirements. The project team includes representatives from Archiving institutions.
The focus of this data exchange is world wide including archival institutions both public and private, record creators, business software editors, document and record management software suppliers, archival management editors and storage service providers.
At the beginning of the study, an inventory of existing projects in participating countries will be done.
Available contributions include a French document submitted with this proposal including UML use cases, UML sequence diagrams, UML class diagrams and examples of schemas, XML files and code lists.
The following have expressed an interest in making such contributions:
- No. — Contribution – by Group or Organization
|Project Chair||Michel Jacobson|
Estimated Open Development Process (ODP) milestone dates:
|ODP Step||ODP Name||Estimated Completion Date||Comment|
|3||1st Working Draft||Done|
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The continued existence and functioning of the project team shall not require any additional resources from the UN/ECE secretariat other than:
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public Web site pages with appropriate links, document download facilities, and items of interest;
- Establishing and maintaining the project team's public and private list servers.
Required resources include Archival experts as well as standards development expertise.