- Table of Content
- 1. Project purpose
- 2. Project scope
- 3. Project deliverables
- 4. Exit criteria
- 5. Project Team membership and required functional expertise
- 6. HoD support (required for technical standards, business standards and UNECE recommendations)
- 7. Geographical Focus
- 8. Initial contributions
- 9. Resource Requirements
- 10. Project Leadership
- 11. Milestones (repeat per deliverable)
The purpose of this project is to update the Naming and Design Rules version 2.0 for CCTS 2.01 (hereafter referred to as NDR2). This will enable easier maintenance and production of schemas in the future.
The project will make minor changes to NDR2 initially focused on two areas. The first is making the Unqualified Data Type Schema an informative, rather than a normative part of the standard, thus enabling easier maintenance of it. This would allow the Data Type Catalogue to be updated without a corresponding update of NDR2. The second area is the schema locations issue. Currently, NDR2 mandates absolute path names, tied to the UN/CEFACT website. This change would enable relative path names, making production and use of the schemas much easier. Any additional changes suggested as part of requirements gathering will also be considered. In addition, this project may provide input to any project concerned with updating UN/CEFACT Data Type Catalogues.
The project has one deliverable:
An updated document specifying XML Naming and Design Rules For CCTS 2.01 (NDR 2.1).
Exit criteria for the deliverable involves:
- A completed document for an updated NDR 2.1 that addresses (as a minimum) the requirements identified above.
- That the next set of UN/CEFACT Core Component Libraries Schemas should use the new NDR2.1 (once that NDR2.1 has been approved).
- XML Schemas based on UN/CEFACT XML Naming and Design Rules version 2.0 will be conformant to the UN/CEFACT XML Naming and Design Rules version 2.1.
Membership is open to experts who have knowledge of XML and XML Schema, as well as CCTS 2.01 and the Data Type Catalogue 2.1.
List at least three Country heads of delegation who support this project, and include their written expression of support using the template in annex IV...
- United Kingdom
The focus is global.
The following contributions are submitted as part of this proposal:
• Core Components Technical Specification v2.01+ Corrigendum
• XML Naming and Design Rules 2.0
• CCTS 2.01 Data Type Catalogue version 2.1
It is understood that these contributions are only for consideration by the Project Team and that other participants may submit additional contributions in order to ensure that as much information as possible is obtained from those with expertise and a material interest in the project. It is also understood that the Project Team may choose to adopt one or more of these contributions “as is”.
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The existence and functioning of the project team shall not require any additional resources from the UNECE secretariat.
|Project Leader:||Chris Hassler||[ Chris.Hassler.firstname.lastname@example.org]|
|Editors:||Mary Kay Blantz||[ email@example.com]|
Note to user: Each UN/CEFACT project proposal must specify the name and email address of at least one proposed Project Convener and at least one proposed Editor.
|ODP Step||ODP Name||Estimated Completion Date||Comment|