The purpose of the UN/CEFACT Applied Technologies Group is to create and maintain the United Nations trade, business and administration document structures that are deployed by a specific technology or standard, such as UN/EDIFACT, UN Layout Key, UN e-docs or XML. Additionally, ATG has been given responsibility for the development and maintenance of the UN/CEFACT Data Type catalogue in support of CCTS.
The activities of the ATG will cover:
- The design, assembly and production of specific syntax based solutions based on identified business requirements from the International Trade and Business Processes Group (TBG) and utilizing reference libraries maintained by the Information Content Management Group (ICG);
- The design, assembly and production of specific syntax based solutions based on identified technical requirements from the various Groups inside the UN/CEFACT forum;
- Development and maintenance of CCTS Data Type Catalogue
- Maintenance of specific syntax based solutions through the application of Data Maintenance Requests against existing publications;
- Development and maintenance of design and production rules and guidelines governing the specific syntax based solutions;
- Formation of liaisons with appropriate bodies.